Pages

Monday, September 8, 2014

Septem-BER means Birthday Prep!

-BER month na po...

For other parents, this would mean that Christmas 2014 is soon to be rolling in. For me however, before I jump on to that particular bandwagon, there is another significant event that is being propelled by this quarter --- the kids' birthdays!

Let me get this straight. I do not have twins. I just happen to have the fortune of having kids born almost exactly a year apart, with their particular birth dates ONLY ONE DAY apart.

When I was pregnant with my son, I would always pray that his arrival not coincide with my older kid's birthday. I wanted them to have their own unique dates arriving into the world - because my belief was, they would begin to value their own selves, and bask in their individuality, if they did not share such a special date together (the year immaterial).

And as usual, GOD answered my prayers in a very special way.

A day after celebrating my daughter's first birthday - there I was again at the hospital giving birth to our baby boy.

Almost five years later, here I am (here we are). And now it is again -BER month.

In the earlier years, this would mean preparing for two parties, and worrying about bills/expenses associated with kiddie parties times two.

Not this year.

This year - both kids will have a shared, and simple family celebration - a real toast of gratefulness for the lives that God have entrusted to us. This year, the birthday celebrants will not have a big party, but will instead celebrate life by having some bit of fun with their friends, and special bonding time with family.

It will not be much of a party, but it will be a very special celebration..


No comments:

Post a Comment